Jesus Loves GRASS

Technical blog about GRASS/GIS,open source geoinformatics and MAPSERVER.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Why not Chameleon

I can't belive that I haven't posted anything for one month !!!!! Despite one week vacation things have progressed.

I did some research on chameleon and how the tools/widgets from chameleon could help me. Chameleon is done by DM solutions and basically you put tags on your HTML/PHP and it gets replaced by a widget, the concept is extremely cool and efficient, I think cold fusion works in the same way?

The problem is that I couldn't make it work I spent some days fighting it and there was always problems with paths and configuration files, even the tools that should help you work with chameleon were messy and the documentation was not very helpfull

The instalation of chameleon seems to be straight forward if you use a special installation pack called FGS is seems even better

Well my mapserver is chrooted and the apache is not compiled with Alias module (due to security concerns) so in the end it was extremely problematic trying to install chameleon in the server.

So I gave up

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home