Jesus Loves GRASS

Technical blog about GRASS/GIS,open source geoinformatics and MAPSERVER.

Saturday, April 07, 2007

WCS headache

Well Today I had a huge headache


The big problem started when I was doing a DescribeCoverage request and was getting nothing, as if there was no WCS layers (I had all the WCS metadata inside the map file), the result was only this

<CoverageDescription version="1.0.0" updateSequence="0" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.opengis.net/wcs http://schemas.opengis.net/wcs/1.0.0/describeCoverage.xsd">
</CoverageDescription>

So no error, no major problems and of course nothing on the net!!!

I tryed to make a getCoverage and got an error message concerning projection,

Since my server is jailed there was no epsg file for the mapserver to read, I never had a problem with projections because I never had the need for epsg, since my projection was like this:

PROJECTION
"proj=latlong"
"ellps=WGS84"
"datum=WGS84"
END

(no: "init=epsg:4326")

So copying the epsg file to the chroot and adding the location of it to the map file solved the problem (CONFIG "PROJ_LIB" "/usr/local/share/proj")

Then I got a nice reply fron the DescribeCoverage, still I got some problems with the GetCoverage because instead of epsg I had epgs (....I hate this type of mistakes)

It took me several hours to discover all the problems....I wish that a better error log system would be in place for WxS

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home